Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DJ CUT CHEMIST...SOUND OF THE POLICE


Cut Chemist, always known for challenging himself and pushing the barriers of DJ’ing, lets go of this new mix titled Sound of the Police. Inspired by African and South American music, Cut Chemist breaks down why this mix was his most complicated:
“This is the most complicated thing I’ve ever done,” he tells Spinner. “That’s saying a lot because I always try and challenge myself with complicated things. My last release I did with DJ Shadow was an eight-turntable and loop-pedal live mix CD. That was complicated, but for some reason, when I whittle things down to one turntable and a loop pedal and just myself, things got more complicated. Ironically, I try to simplify and it actually exponentially got more complicated. I don’t know what it is with me. I guess I like a challenge.”
If you are familiar with Cut Chemist’s work, then you know how he gets down on the 1′s and 2′s. Download the mix below. Enjoy and be educated.
Download: Cut Chemist – Sound of the Police
Props to Digital Diggers for the link.

0 comments:

Join The Movement

Followers

Hip Hop News

My Blogs Stats


View My Stats

Blog Archive