Friday, January 15, 2010

COLD CRUSH X THE FORCE MC'S



A schittload of old school tapes have flooded the internets since I first started dropping my Hip Hop Lessons for the holidays a few years back, so I wasn't so sure that there was still a need for me to continue with it. But, as always, the people have spoken and informed me that the world is still in need of an education on the true meaning of Hip Hop. So here we go again-

COLD CRUSH BROTHERS vs. DOCTOR ROCK & THE FORCE MC'S - One of the great battle tapes from Hip Hop's early days, a battle that was really more like a sucker punch TKO. The CC4 had no idea that a battle was even taking place, so they did their normal show then bounced to go make another engagement later that night. After the Cold Crush was gone from the premises, the Force MC's took the stage and proceeded to go at them with an unprecedented level of sheer disrespect, even beyond Kool Moe Dee vs. Busy Bee preportions. As legend has it, when the Cold Crush later got wind of what had gone down, they made a point of stepping to the Force HARD the next time their paths crossed- made them apologize and seriously warned them to never pull a stunt like that again. What surprised me when I read about this battle was that the Force MC's really were not all that respected among the top groups of the day... I know they were from Staten Island, which at that time I guess was like being from Martha's Vinyard as far as the hardcore Bronx dudes were concerned. But I'd heard so many tapes where the Force was rocking at shows with all the other groups and were killing it with the harmonies and routines, I just assumed that everybody respected them as being among the elite. Regardless, they most definitely made their mark in the streets with this battle- if you don't already have it you certainly need it. Info courtesy of www.thatrealschitt.com

zSHARE - Cold Crush Brothers vs. The Force MC_s - Cold Crush Brothers.mp3

1 comments:

Amir Mark Lyles S.O.N.A.R.T. Gallery said...

YO! I NEED THE REST OF THIS!!!!!!

Join The Movement

Followers

Hip Hop News

My Blogs Stats


View My Stats

Blog Archive